This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Table of Contents
Loki Episode 2 returns to Disney+ on Wednesday, June 16, 2021, starring Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson.
In anticipation of Loki episode 2, we have compiled 19 of the best Loki quotes plus a thought-provoking quote from Mobius (Owen Wilson). Parents will also find useful a parental warning and some conversation starters to have with your family.
Loki Quotes from Episode #2
- Your TVA propaganda is exhausting.
- I see a scheme and in that scheme I see myself.
- My people by nature are gullible fools. My teeth were sharp but my ears even sharper.
- Those you underestimate with devour you.
- I have a new purpose. I am a servant of the sacred timeline.
- I need assurances I won’t be completely disintegrated as soon as the job is done.
- It is adorable that you think you could possibly manipulate me. I’m ten steps ahead of you.
- I don’t need your sympathy.
- I can do whatever I want to do because the apocalypse is coming.
- I’d never stab anyone in the back. That’s such a boring form of betrayal…. I’ll never do it again because it got old.
- You can trust one thing. I love to be right.
- We’re all going to die anyway.
- Be free my horn friends, be free!
- Enjoy your last meal while you can. Nothing matters!
- I know something children don’t. That no one bad is ever truly bad and no one good is ever truly good.
- That was me using magic to dry my clothes.
- If you could possibly sheath your smarm for a moment, I have an offer for you.
- I would never treat me like this.
Parental Warning for Loki Episode 2
Loki is rated TV-14. There is no sex, no egregious use of foul language, and no graphic violence.
Parents however need to know that writer Elissa Karasik and the team behind Loki are not afraid of going deep with philosophical and spiritual debate and discussion between its main characters of Mobius and Loki.
[mild spoiler] In this second episode of the Disney+ series, there is a prolonged discussion about existence and free will. If you are not ready to have this discussion with your kids, perhaps this episode would be best skipped over during family time. I have included the two main quotes below to help you decide for yourself whether this is an episode to watch with the kids.
Mobius Quote About Existence
Who created you, Loki? If you think too hard about where any of us came from, who we truly are, it sounds kind of tedious. Existence is chaos. Nothing makes any sense so we try to make any sense of it. I’m just lucky that the chaos I emerged into gave me all this – my own glorious purpose. The TVA is my life and it’s real because I believe it’s real.
Loki Quote About Free Will
Everything is written – the past, present and future. There’s no such thing as free will.
Discussion Questions for Parents about Loki Episode 2
Conversation starters for parents to have with their children about the second episode of Loki –
- Do you believe man has free will? Why or why not?
- Where do you believe we come from?
- Can we change our past and/or future?
- If you could go back to any major event in history, what would it be?
Where to Watch Loki?
You can watch Loki Episode 2 on Disney+. New episodes premiering every Wednesday through July 14, 2021.
More Disney Shows to Watch
- Rogers The Musical Plays Disney California Adventure (2023)
- REVIEW: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)
- Disney’s CRUELLA (2021): A Hilarious Campy Prequel to 101 Dalmatians
- 10 Raya and the Last Dragon (2021) Bonus Features
- Disney and Pixar’s SOUL (2020): Check Out These 8 Bonus Features
Thanks to Disney and Marvel for the screener of Episode 2 of Loki. All opinions are my own.