This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
We’ve done it! We’re survivors of the A to Z Challenge. And it feels amazing. After a month of looking to the past for quotes, victims, and statistics about child abuse and sexual assault, it is time to look to the future. Yesterday we focused on saying goodbye to suffering in the past. And today is a new day. It is a new opportunity to find and embrace the zest for life. And because it wouldn’t be a true post without some quotes, here are a few to hopefully light a fire under you and encourage you!
Don’t ever forget the moments that have shaped you but find your inner strength to be a conqueror and survivor of life. If you are unsure how you or your loved ones can become a conqueror, here are just a few last suggestions from a survivor:
- Ignore the lies. Don’t judge yourself by what others have done to you.
- Find a close-knit group of friends and loved ones who can act as your support system. You don’t have to go through this alone.
- Share your truth! Don’t pretend it never happens. Find freedom by sharing.
- Journal. Write out your emotions. They are not meant to be bottled in.
- Stand up for other victims. Let them know they are not alone.
- Never forget. Move on and learn from your circumstances but never forget.
And again a hearty and grateful thank you to each of you who has embarked on this journey with me! Your words mean more than I can ever say… xxo