This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
We’ve done it! We’re survivors of the A to Z Challenge. And it feels amazing. After a month of looking to the past for quotes, victims and statistics about child abuse and sexual assault, it is time to look to the future. Yesterday we focused on saying goodbye to suffering in the past. And today is a new day. It is a new opportunity to find and embrace the zest for life.
- Ignore the lies. Don’t judge yourself by what others have done to you.
- Find a close knit group of friends/loved ones who can act as your support system. You don’t have to go through this alone.
- Share your truth! Don’t pretend it never happen. Find freedom by sharing.
- Journal. Write out your emotions. They are not meant to be bottled in.
- Stand up for other victims. Let them know they are not alone.
- Never forget. Move on and learn from your circumstances but never forget.