This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Underwood Family Farms in Moorpark, California, is known for their Animal Center. They have everything from donkeys, sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, birds, rabbits, cows, pigs, horses, emus and alpacas.
If you are a local you will probably have visited the farm with either a school group or as part of a birthday celebration at some point in the farm’s more than 25 years of residence in Ventura County.
And on Saturday, 12 October 2019, Mama Sandy gave birth to two healthy baby goats, Mickey and Minnie, in front of excited visitors. Unfortunately, I was not in attendance but I was so grateful to Underwood Family Farms for allowing me to come visit on 16 October 2019 to see the 4-day old baby goats where they were resting in the shed.
So without any further chit-chat may I have the pleasure of presenting Baby Minnie and Baby Mickey:
- The life span of a goat is about 15 years.
- Coffee was first discovered when goat herders noticed the goats acting very energetic after nibbling on the coffee beans.
- Most goats live in herds of about 5 – 20 members.
- More people drink goat milk than cow milk.
- Goats are browsing animals – their diet Includes grasses, the foliage of trees, shrubs, bushes, and various other plants.
- Goats only have bottom front and side teeth.
- A goat can jump as high as 5 feet or more.
- “Bill the Goat” is the mascot of the United States Naval Academy.
Where: Moorpark Location
3370 Sunset Valley Road, Moorpark, CA 93021
$16.00 – Sept. 28, Sept. 29, October 5, 6
$22.00 – Oct 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
$8.00 – Monday – Friday
Children UNDER 2 and parking FREE
Seniors (65+), Military, Veterans, & Emergency First Responders receive a $2 admission discount every day (with valid ID).
Weekend Festival admission includes tractor-drawn wagon ride, corn maze, corn stalk labyrinth, Pig Races, Animal Show, Pumpkin House, Pumpkin playhouse, live music and entertainment, access to Pick-Your-Own fields and Pumpkin Patch, Animal Center including Bee Barn, hay pyramids, Fun Hill, Kid’s Corral, Farmer Craig’s Chicken Show, Combine Slide, Cotton Harvester Slide and more!
For information on activities included with weekday admission as well as ticketed attractions and prices, please visit our admission & tickets page.