This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Halloween is almost upon us!
If you haven’t already seen my post featuring the adorable doggie costumes you definitely need to check it out. The costumes are just #toocute!
Here are my TOP 5 Halloween Traditions:
1. Dressing up. The older I get the less likely I am to dress up and spend the time, money and energy on costumes. However I love the costume options for our furry pets and the little ones. Apparently the best seller on Amazon this year is this adorable lion’s mane!
2. Pumpkin Carving and Cooking. Carving can be messy but it is so fun with kids and if you’re willing to clean off the pumpkin gunk you can also roast some delicious pumpkin seeds. I find that garlic salt and olive oil are excellent spices when roasting the seeds.
3. Bobbing for Apples. When I was a kid, a neighbor had a bobbing for apples game at his house that was a kick for us kiddos but of course now we know it is not hygienic so maybe it’d be best to save for your a fun night with the kids before or after Halloween. All you need are apples, water and a big bucket.
4. Bonfires. When I lived in England, it was more popular to celebrate Bonfire Night on 5 November instead of Halloween on 31 October. It can also work to be a great way of celebrating Halloween with friends and family toasting marshmallows over the fire.
5. Mischief Night (30 October). Ringing false alarms, covering trees in
toilet paper, shaving cream fights, switching door mats or outdoor furniture, and ringing doorbells and running are some popular Mischief Night pranks. As long as the pranks are cruelty-free, I say Go Ahead and have a blast! Make memories and have some clean fun.
What are your favorite Halloween traditions?