This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
In honour of last night’s opening night of the new touring production of The Phantom of the Opera, here are my favorite performers of all time [that I have had the pleasure of seeing live or on DVD]:
1. Ron Bohmer – my first Phantom and what a voice!
2. Brad Little – my second Phantom and what a powerful presence!
3. Ramin Karimloo – 25th anniversary Phantom (DVD) with the best “Point of No Return”.
4. Tim Martin Gleason – I had originally seen him as Raoul (opposite Brad Little) and found his Phantom to be the darkest portrayal yet.
5. Chris Mann – his money notes were strong and spot on but no scene/number in particular captivated me.
I’ve heard amazing things about original Phantom – Michael Crawford. Now that would have been something.
1. Victor Wallace – my first Raoul (u/s) and was everything I imagined – strong, gorgeous and voice like butter.
2. Sean MacLaughlin – he was the epitome of hero and his voice was so rich, strong and deep and stole the show from Tim Martin Gleason’s Phantom. #TeamRaoul
3. Hadley Fraser – 25th anniversary (DVD); loved his “Why Have You Brought Me Here?”
4. Tim Martin Gleason
5. Storm Lineberger
I would have loved to have seen Michael Ball as Raoul. #Swoon
1. Lisa Vroman – that voice! best “Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh”
2. Sandra Joseph – that spunkiness during Don Juan; and chemistry with future-husband Ron Bohmer was amazing.
3. Sierra Boggess – 25th anniversary (DVD); loved her farewell to the Phantom
4. Trista Maldovan
5. Katie Travis
I would have given my teeth (figuratively) to see Claire Moore as Christine. She was the original alternate in London.
Sharing is Caring:
Continue the Conversation:
Who are your PHAN favorites?