This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
2019 is quickly wrapping up and what a year it has been! I shared my FIRST “The Joyous Living AWARDS” showcasing some of the amazing talents in Ventura County. And now it is time for the 2019 Awards (June – December 2019) that are being expanded to include non-profits who were mentioned in our SPOTLIGHT series.
But I need YOUR help! Please support your favorites by voting for them in the comments below (one vote per category, please). I promise to consider all the comments and nominations!
SPOTLIGHT: Non-profit of 2019
SPOTLIGHT: Philanthropist of 2019
- Devery Holmes, President of Conejo Players Theatre
- Afam Onyemo, CEO of Geanco Foundation
- David Oyelowo, Geanco Foundation
- Chef John Park, Toast Kitchen & Bar* (Edited due to grammatical error)
National Tour of 2019
- Anastasia the Musical
- Bandstand (non-equity) coming November 21st
- Frozen coming December 4th
- Matthew Bourne’s SWAN LAKE coming December 3rd
- Miss Saigon
Actor Under 18
- Mia Brown, Annie JR.
- Theo Chambers, Disney’s The Little Mermaid
- Olivia Marcum, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Jr.
Actor in a Play
- Shawn Adams-Lanz, Peter and the Starcatcher
- Ted Barton, Merry Wives of Windsor
- Ezra Eells, Peter and the Starcatcher
- Brett Elliott, Richard II
Actress in a Play
- Jillian Doyle, Merry Wives of Windsor
- Melissa Higashi, Don’t Dress for Dinner
- Lauren Rachel, Peter and the Starcatcher
- Hannah Tamminen, Richard II
Director of a Play
- Michael J. Arndt, Richard II
- R. Shane Bingham, Peter and the Starcatcher
- John Eslick, Don’t Dress for Dinner
- Kevin P. Kern, Merry Wives of Windsor
Actor in a Musical
- Kevin Ellis, The Drowsy Chaperone
- George Chavez, The Drowsy Chaperone
- Adam Pascal, The Music Man
- Vincent Perez, Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder
Actress in a Musical
- Siena Avila, Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder
- Dawn Michelle, The Drowsy Chaperone
- Janelle Phaneuf, Pippin
- Alison Rosenblum, Disney’s The Little Mermaid
- Antonia Vivino, The Music Man
Director of a Musical
- Frank LaGuardia, Annie Jr.
- Larry Raben, The Music Man
- Will Shupe, A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder
Ensemble of 2019
Show of 2019
- Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder (Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center)
- Merry Wives of Windsor (Kingsmen Shakespeare Company)
- Peter and the Starcatcher (Camarillo Skyway Playhouse)
- The Music Man (5-Star Theatricals)
Shows still to be considered:
- Matilda (Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center)
- Miracle of 34th Street: A Live Musical Radio Play (Conejo Players)
- Sorry! Wrong Chimney (Camarillo Skyway Playhouse)
- The Addams Family School Edition (Young Artists Ensemble)
Time to Cast Your Vote!
Please vote in the comments below with your choice from each of the categories above. All votes/comments will be respected and considered in making the decision.
The WINNING “Non-Profit of 2019” and “Show of 2019” will each win a donation of an undisclosed amount from The Joyous Living.
Thanks again to all these lovely theatres and non-profits for collaborating with The Joyous Living this year!