This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
HI to all my lovely The Joyous Living readers!
I can’t believe it is already SEPTEMBER! Where in the world has the year of 2020 gone? I hope you are all doing well and enjoying some normalcy in your lives.
August ended up being a great month for me and the blog so I wanted to share the ups and downs of the month with y’all and say a big THANK YOU for your support!
The Joyous Living Highlights of August 2020
- 4.7k sessions on the blog for the month of August (since August 6th). That is at least 1.7k more than previous months. Huge gains thanks to my wonderful readers.
- 2.6% bounce rate for the month of August (since August 6th). This is in large part because I have cut out the Facebook groups where folks were not reciprocating or just dashing after visiting one’s blog. Great to have found some Facebook groups (including mine, Entertainment Bloggers United) where folks really care and participate.
- Created my FIRST 2 freebies on Canva as an incentive to join my weekly mailing list. (See: Endeavour and North and South).
- Attended Virtually Meagan Williamson’s Pinterest Potential Summit. I learned a LOT and won a prize. There was a bit of confusion due to people giving different advice but here and there but the positives of the summit definitely outweighed the negatives.
- Attended my FIRST EVER PBS Press Tour (virtually) and am so excited about the upcoming dramas including Hugh Laurie’s ROADKILL.
- Earned a free 30-minute private training session with Sasha from the Everyday She’s Sparkling’s VIP Membership (#AFFLink)! She’s such an amazing teacher and really helped me niche down. In fact, Sasha is the first blogger guru that I started following and who led me rightly so to other gurus like Jen from Pinfinite Traffic Bootcamp (use my code JOYOUS15 for 15% off) and Megan from Pinterest Ninja. Sasha is the wiz! Seriously if I had to choose 3 blogger gurus to follow and whose courses I love and highly recommend it would be Sasha, Megan, and Jen.
- Caved and bought a professional blog template from Bluechic (again a recommendation by Sasha). Do you like it?
Ranking Posts of August 2020
My TOP 2 posts bringing in traffic from Pinterest – my Endeavour Zenana and Endeavour Raga reviews.
My TOP 4 Google Searches were for: Terrell Peterson, Endeavour Raga Review, “Pride and Prejudice Musical Review“, and “Does Prednisone Cause Gas and Bloating“.
The Joyous Living Disappointments of August 2020
- My Google Adsense account got suspended for a month (restarting September 2020). Chalk it up to a learning curve.
Not bad to only have one disappointment to share. Can’t wait to see what September 2020 holds for The Joyous Living and my lovely readers.
Goals for September 2020
- 10k page views for the month of September. It’s a high goal but if you don’t aim for the stars you’ll never know what you could have done.
- 2 new blog posts each week
- 5-10 fresh pins on Pinterest each week
- Start putting together my Gift Guides for 2020. If you have a product you’d like included in the guides for blogging, disability or entertainment please send me a message!
That should keep me busy! Until next time.
Sharing is Caring
Continue the Conversation
What would you like to see on The Joyous Living?