This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
5 Walt Disney World vacation savings tips that will save you money.
Are you planning a trip to Walt Disney World? I’m sure you too are conscientious about how much $$ you’re going to be spending at the parks.
Walt Disney World park tickets have gone up meaning it costs a small fortune for a family of four to go on a Walt Disney World vacation. Here on the blog, I present five Disney money-saving tips before you even arrive for your Walt Disney World vacation!
Disney World Vacation Savings Tip #1. Buy Souvenirs BEFORE your Disney trip!
[If you have young kids, it would probably be easy to hide these souvenirs in the basket of your stroller or in the family backpack.]
- Do your kids like to collect pins? How about getting a lanyard beforehand?
- And what about an autograph book for all those fabulous signatures? [Due to Covid-19 social distancing protocols characters are not signing autographs at this time. At table service restaurants with limited character meetings such as Chef Mickeys, you will receive a pre-printed card with the autographs of the characters.]
- Lastly, do not forget about those ever-popular spinners and bubble wands! I see these spinners and especially bubble wands EVERYWHERE at the parks! If your kids will be begging for one or both, best to plan ahead and pack it for the trip! You’ll probably find the best deals at a Dollar store as summer gets closer.
Disney World Vacation Savings Tip #2. Bring Snacks and Lunch into the Park!
How about a cute lunch pail for your snacks and sandwiches? The best part is these pails can be REUSED and you can tell the kids it is the equivalent to a ‘happy meal’ and they get to keep the pail!
Financially, by bringing your own snacks and lunch into the park, you can easier afford dinner for the family. Don’t forget if you have a Disney VISA card they offer a 10% discount at select locations in American parks.
Disney World Vacation Savings Tip #3. Hunt down Disney Money Saving Discounts!
Big box shops like Costco and Sam’s Club will often have Disney gift cards and vacation packages that come with a bonus.
If you use a Target RED Card, you can buy a Disney gift card at Target.com and earn 5% off.
Disney World Vacation Savings Tip #4. Invest in a FuelRod Kit!
Walt Disney World offers portable chargers for $30 plus tax.
If you prepare ahead of time and get your own FuelRod Kit (of 2!) you’ll be saving up to 1/2 the cost and 100% of the frustration. You don’t want to miss out on capturing those special moments on your phone or camera because the battery died.
Also, be sure to empty your photo roll on your iPhone or smartphone so you have plenty of room for photos during your trip!
Disney World Vacation Savings Tip #5. Get Amazon Fresh Groceries Delivered to Your Walt Disney World Hotel
Fans of Amazon Fresh will be delighted to hear that you can have Amazon Fresh deliver groceries to your Disney resort.
Walt Disney World zip code: 32830
Address Formatting at Walt Disney World resorts:
- Sandy Smith – Guest – Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- 1901 West Buena Vista Drive
- Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8412
Look for your Walt Disney World resort’s address on the official Walt Disney World website.
Suggested Grocery Items:
- Granola bars
- Milk (be sure your resort offers an appropriately sized fridge in your room)
- Bread for sandwiches
- Lunch meats for sandwiches (again, confirm your resort includes a fridge)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly (again, confirm your resort includes a fridge)
- Muffins for Breakfast
- Donuts and Cookies
- Veggie sticks
- crackers or chips
- Water bottles
Where are my Amazon Fresh groceries delivered?
Bell Services at your Disney resort. Some resorts might require a fee for storing your groceries.
Does my resort room include a fridge, microwave, toaster, etc.?
Amenities vary so best to check with your resort’s list of amenities under “rates and room types”.
More Walt Disney World Recommendations
- How Many Days For Disney World? (19 Disney Tips and Tricks)
- 15 Great Disney Instagram Accounts You’ll Want to Follow
- Top Tips for Celebrating a Birthday at Walt Disney World
- 5 Best Tips to Snag Disney World Dining Reservations
- Accessibility at Disney World: 3 Useful Devices You Need For Your Vacation
Disclaimer – The Joyous Living is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company.
These are fantastic money-saving tips. Thanks for all of the awesome tips! I’ll be sure to take a few of these into account when I go for disney trip.
Phlanx’s Marketing Specialist
I will certainly bear these money saving tips on mind for our next visit to Disney. Every little helps
Those are some great tips to keep in mind. It’s always nice to find ways to lessen your expenses whenever traveling.
These are awfully great tips. Disney is one of the most expensive places to visit with kids on the planet, lolx
I think bringing snack/lunch is a good tip. Omg the food there can be pricey!
These are such good tips, Disney can be a once in a lifetime place to visit for some families and so easy for it to be a very expensive one too
These are great tips! I’ll follow it and will tell it to my niece! She’ll love it!
Those are all great tips for saving money on Disney trips. Thanks for sharing!
Hehe….if you say so. I would love to begin carrying souvenirs with me. It’s a good practice, ain’t it?
This are some excellent tips. I love to pack on snacks and water bottles.