This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Thank you Ruth @ Melanin Talks for the nomination! I just received on 18 October 2018 a second nomination from the lovely Roots Wings & Travel Things Blog! Thanks ladies!!!
I’ve enjoyed interacting with Ruth (Melanin Talks) on the blogosphere thanks to different blogger RT and follow trains. She is a literature graduate in UK who works as a teaching assistant. and i love her tagline on Twitter: “unapologetically black”. You go girl!
|Blogger Meetup c/o Zomato London.|
How My Blog Started:
This blog started on a lark after several failed attempts at blogging through university and etc. in 2013 before I went to London for postgraduate work in 2014. I met some incredible bloggers in London that helped inspire me. Unfortunately I became sick in November ’14 and had to come home to the US and have found blogging to be difficult because of disabilities and a lack of community. I’m so grateful for Ruth (Melanin Talks) and the other bloggers I’ve gotten to know through Facebook and Twitter blogger follow trains and the like. I love feeling a part of a community again.
|Pizza Union. (c) The Joyous Living.|
Advice to New Bloggers:
- Find a community of bloggers in your area that will help support you and whom you can share adventures with. I had a lovely friend (Her Fav Food) in London who took me to one free lunch and suddenly I was getting all sorts of invitations from PR firms in London. I have also recently joined on Facebook an LA blogger group and hopefully will be able to connect with some of the ladies there.
- Write about something you feel passionate about. Your audience will know if you are BS-ing it or if it’s something you really care about.
My Blogger Recognition Nominations:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post explaining how your blog got started
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you feel deserves some recognition
- Comment on each blog nominating them, providing the link to the post you created