This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
A big thank you to all the wonderful theater fans in Ventura County who voted for The Joyous Living 2019 Awards. There were so many incredible productions and dozens of very talented artists who all deserve a standing ovation. In the “Actor Under 18” category, I was thoroughly impressed by all 3 nominees:
- Mia Brown, Annie JR.
- Theo Chambers, Disney’s The Little Mermaid
- Olivia Marcum, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Jr.
All 3 young people excelled in their roles with a maturity that would impress even their adult contemporaries.
Thanks to all the helpful votes and comments from you guys, I was able to focus my attention more thoroughly on the talents of young Mia Brown. Here are just a few of the reasons I am proud to announce Mia Brown as winner of 2019’s “Best Actor Under 18“:
- Not only did she learn the role of Annie for “Annie Jr.” in two weeks time but she handled herself with a professionalism years above her age,
- She managed to steal the final scene in “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Jr.” at Conejo Players Theatre,
- She is willing to participate in ensemble bit roles such as a pre-show caroler for “Miracle on 34th Street: The Radio Musical Play” after nabbing leading roles time and again in “Annie Jr.”, “Aladdin Jr.”, “Beauty and the Beast Jr.” and more!
I can’t wait to see what Mia does in 2020. It will also be very interesting to see how she is cast in Frank LaGuardia’s summer program as she will be promoted to the 11-16 year old camp.
CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION: Which of her roles is your favorite? Which role would you like to see her embrace as a pre-teen?