This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
It’s Monday and in eager anticipation of seeing The Wizard of Oz at the Pantages tomorrow, I took time to whip up some yumminess in the kitchen.
A favorite with my family – Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 14 Tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 Cups Quaker Oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 bag of real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg; mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for a couple minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
Trust me, you’ll be sneaking a bite between trays of cookies. One bite of gooeyness and you’ll be smiling from ear-to-ear.
Sharing is Caring
Continue the Conversation
What must-have ingredient do you add to your baking?