Brit Week? If you are like me and hopelessly clueless, it is an annual celebration of the creative fusion between the United Kingdom and California (and now Miami) founded by Nigel Lythgoe (of So You Think You Can Dance fame) and then Consul General Bob Peirce ten years ago. Every Spring, Brit Week hosts a program of events that promotes British creativity, innovation and excellence in California across multiple categories including, film & television, music, art, fashion, design, retail, sport, philanthropy, business, and more.
This year's LA festivities are happening from 23 April - 8 May. That means that there are still plenty of interesting events worth checking out including:
29 & 30 April: Sur Le Mur Presents... "LA to London Street Week" in support of Rock Against Trafficking.
- Public Reception: 7pm on 29 April
- Gallery Hours: 11am - 11pm
- Location: The Desmond, 5514 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (Parking on Burnside Ave)
30 April: NFMLA BritWeek Film Festival
- Location: AT&T Center, 1139 S Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Tickets: Buy Here
30 April - 1 May: Shakespeare Youth Festival (continues)
British Invasion" (Brit Week's 10th Anniversary Gala)
- Starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Fairmont Miramar Hotel, 101 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Tickets: $75 each (buy here)
- Special Guest Performances by: American Idol's Carly Smithson and So You Think You Can Dance's Fik-shun and Jonathan Platero.
3 May: LACMA Lecture: Art Museums & Exhibitions in Britain 1800–1914 by Giles Waterfield
- Time: 7pm
- Location: Brown Auditorium, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
- RSVP/Registration Required
and the list of events goes on and on! Check out the list of events here and enjoy!! I shall be at the Sur Le Mur art show on Saturday (30 April) and the "British Invasion" gala on Sunday (1 May) and hope to see some of you there! x