Probiotics are quite the it thing and yet I was clueless about their very existence until I got post-viral fatigue in November 2014 and suddenly I was being introduced to all these wonderful new supplements (at least new for me). Since November I have gone through my fair share of probiotics - different brands, types and etc. both from the pharmacy and the doctor - so when I was offered the chance to try out Hyperbiotics' PRO-Women Probiotic for Women with Cranberry Extract & 100% Naturally Occurring D-Mannose, I figured why not. I do not pretend to be a medical professional nor an expert on supplements, heck I only learned about them in November, but after testing out these pobiotics for a fortnight, I reckon I am qualified to say a thing or two from my experience. :)
I have taken two capsules daily in the morning and I am not quite sure about what results are because of the pro-women or general side effects of my post-viral fatigue...
- The probiotic can be taken with or without food. I tried the probiotic without food (before my morning protein shake) and it made my stomach nauseous so if you have a sensitive stomach, I highly recommend taking the capsules WITH food. :D
- I HAVE noticed a change with regards to yeast infections! Score - the capsules are worth the price for that alone!
- Pro-Women is #1 best-seller for UTI treatments on Amazon!
- I did not take these probiotics for weight loss (only just saw the fine print that this probiotic can be used to promote weight loss) but because of the post-viral fatigue I have been trying to lose weight and struggling to get past a plateau (despite healthy eating and limited attempts at exercise) and I am not sure if it is related but yes, I have been able to get past the weight loss hurdle in the last 2-3 days. Result or happenstance? Hmm :)
- Reduced bloating is another expected result and yes, I have noticed a difference but perhaps it is also my eating habits catching up with me... Like I said, I hate to give a definite and lead my readers astray but I have definitely in this past fortnight noticed reduced bloating.
- As for good health -- hmm, I had a really wretched weekend past with horrible pain and aches (something I haven't had in at least a month). I don't think this is necessarily related because I was fine for the first 10 days or so.
So... to try or not to try.
If you suffer from yeast infections and UTIs, I would say GO FOR IT! I definitely noticed a difference on that account and anyone who does suffer from said feminine annoyances can appreciate the results. If you are looking for help with bloating, weight loss, improved digestion and regularity - I can only say that yes, in the course of taking these capsules I have seen personal improvements but nothing that any other supplement won't be able to give you.
The Pro-Women probiotic is currently on sale for $22.95 USD on Amazon (usually $27.95). You can also buy the capsules for $24.00 USD on the HyperBiotics website.
In the UK, they are available at £28.50 on Amazon.
Hope this review helps!!